As I had promised that I would post nice homecooked vegan meals on my blog, here is my Vegan Pizza recipe.
This one is a personal favourite of mine as I love Pizza! I mean who doesn't love pizza right?
This is my own personal recipe that I like to make at home, it is quite time consuming but when it's finished it's a meal that you will not regret making.
What I love about this recipe aswell is that you can personalise it however way you like to suit your taste buds. I personally like to add the Tofurky BBQ chick'n or Cauldron's Baked Tofu pieces to my pizza as a meat sub as I think its truly delish.
However depending on my mood, I will just have vegetable toppings.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and will grow to love it as much as I do!
Duration: 45 minutes to prepare. 20 minutes to cook.
Kitchen tools needed:
A rolling pin
A Pizza Pan
A mixing bowl
A chopping board
Baking paper ( Cut to fit Pizza pan/ Or can use vegan butter)
For the base:
8oz of Spelt Flour
1 teaspoon of Olive oil
A cup of luke warm water
4 Tablespoons of Double Contentrate Tomato Puree
2 tablespoons of Barbeque sauce (optional)
1 Red Onion
1/2 a block of Vegan Violife 'Pizza' Cheese
1/2 a packet of Cauldron's Baked Tofu pieces
1 Teaspoon of Garlic Granules
1 Teaspoon of Mixed Herbs
A sprinkle of Black Pepper & Salt
Other great toppings used before that are not included in this picture:
1/2 a packet of Tofurky BBQ chick'n (optional)
1. First start by pre-heating the Oven to gas mark 4. Weigh and pour the spelt flour into mixing bowl and then pour half a cup of luke warm water.
2. Mix the flour and water until you get a sticky dough-like texture. If the water is too much add more flour until it is more sticky, however if the water is not enough, add a little more but not too much as you want the dough to be as sticky as possible, in order to create a fluffy and soft base. Then add your teaspoon of Olive Oil and mix. I like use my hands to mesh the ingredients together, however you can just mix until the texture is just right. Finally rollc your dough into a ball.
3. Once you get the right consistency of the dough. Add white flour to chopping board, place ball of dough on top and roll with Rolling pin until you get the round shape you desire to fit the pan. You then place the Baking paper or vegan butter onto Pizza Pan to avoid the base sticking to the pan.
4. Now place your Tomato Puree (or Barbeque sauce) onto the centre of flat dough and spread evenly across pizza base with a tablespoon.
5. For toppings, start off by chopping Red onions/ Spring onions, Peppers, Mushrooms and spread evenly across the base. I usually prefer to place my peppers along the base and in the centre, forming 2 circles of Peppers on the pizza. Then add your Tofu or any other toppings you prefer.
6. Final step is adding the Cheese! Grate half a block of Cheese and spread evenly across Pizza.
Then add seasonings for flavour, this can be any flavourings/seasonings you like. I prefer to add Mixed herbs, Black pepper, Garlic granules, a sprinkle of salt and a bit of Bouillon Powder for that extra flavour.
7. Place your pizza into the oven for 20 minutes on Gas Mark 5 and Voila!
This is the what the final product looks like.
2 very filling pizza slices I have paired up with some Alfalfa Sprouts & Wild Rocket.
If you liked this recipe and have tried it, then drop a message on Instagram or tweet me on Twitter to let me know how it went.
Cannot wait to hear from you guys! Peace and blessings to you all.